As a Senior .Net Developer at Ubiq, you’ll work within a team creating and developing exciting new solutions in the world of Ed-Tech. As an experienced developer you’ll be responsible for the successful delivery of different projects, and exploring cutting edge technical solutions in the world of AI and Data. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
CORE ROLE FUNCTIONS
Working with our existing development team, we are looking for a .Net developer / engineer with AI and data science experience that will help provide solutions in the development and modification of our existing applications, as well as working on the creation of new applications.
The ideal candidate can become the guiding force within our team. This will require an exceptional eye for detail and good communication skills to ensure quality assurance across all product deliverables, while working with staff to ensure a high standard of output throughout.
- The initial primary focus would be in the further development of our AMS and CMS systems.
- Further to this, we would be looking to this individual to aid in;
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques, as well as improving and extending the features used by our existing classifier
- Developing internal A/B testing procedures
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in software development and / or data science
- Full working knowledge of C#, .NET, .Net Core, MVC, HTML, CSS, Entity Framework, SQL, API’s and other web application-related protocols/languages
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc. Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Good scripting and programming skills so that the person in this role can integrate the solution within the base application
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops continuous integration and Azure Hosting Highly beneficial
- Data-oriented personality
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously, including time management
- Able to demonstrate problem solving, decision making and technical issue management capability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to explain ideas and understand concerns from key stakeholders supporting them in the way issues are resolved and understood by them.
- Team player with hands-on approach, is proactive and uses their initiative
- Ability to evaluate new and evolving software development technologies
- Experience working to strict timescales, and may require flexibility of working hours
- Be personable and approachable at all times
- Up to £60K dependent on experience.
Note, this job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
If this job sounds like the perfect role for you, we want to hear from you!